How to set up Hotmail account on iPhone or Android Phones?
Setting up an Hotmail Account, Outlook Account, MSN Account, or Live Account on an iPhone is same. The process include the same steps for all the accounts as the name is different buit the account is almost same.
Setting up an account on iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus) and iPads is very easy it sets everything for you automatically, you dont have to go in very deep in technicalities in order to setup an account.
1) Be on the Home Screen and locate SETTINGS icon on the screen. It should look like this:
|iPhone Home Screen Locate SETTINGS.|
2) Once you click on settings Scroll down and go on to Mail Contacts and Calendar
Home Screen > Settings > Mail Contacts and Calendar.
It Should Look like this:
|Locate Mail, Contacts, Calendars.|
3) Once you click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars, You will see Main Heading which says "Accounts". Under Accounts you will see "Add Account", Click on Add Account. It should look Like this:
|Locate Add Account.|
4) Once you click on Add Account, you will get few options like iCloud, Exchange, Google, Yhaoo!, Aol., and Outlook.com Click on Outlook.com.
This should look like this
5) Once you click on Outlook.com, it will take you to a page where you have to type in your Email Address and your Password for Hotmail Account or Outlook Account along with the Description. Description could be anything like if my name is John the it can be John's Outlook Account. Now enter Email Address, Password, Description and then Click on next on the top Right of the screen.
This should look like this:
|Email, Password, Description of Hotmail And Outlook Account.|
6) Now once you click on Next you will see a screen with outlook on the top head and just below that Account and you email address.
Now just below your Email Address you will get few options like Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders.
Now if you want to synchronize your contacts, calendars, and reminders along with the Emails you can keep all of then as GREEN, Rather is is recommended to keep then on that is keep them all on Green.
It should look Like this:
|All Green Buttons in Hotmail Account|
Now at the bottom you have an option "Mail Days to Sync", in this you have 5 options 1 Day, 3 Days, 1 Week, 2 Weeks, 1 Month. this allow you to keep mails for that period only. if you select 1 week, you will be able to see only 1 weeks email, prior to 1 weeks email will be removed from the phone but not from the Hotmail Account or Outlook Account, this help in saving the space on the phone. You can choose as per your requirement.